Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Been a good Easter so far....

Where to begin?

Ok, so I have been messing around with some home recording (fills the void of not being in a band) but i've not been getting great guitar results. The Bass Guitar sounds good but my 'normal' Guitar sounds like mud when it runs though a Bass rig.

So I got myself the Line6 POD 2.0

It's a little gizmo that hooks to your computer and can emulated the sounds of popular Guitar Amps and Cabs (like Marshall and Peavy). I'm hoping this will make things sound a little more 'rocking' on the recordings.



The Red bean of doom!




Also took the opportunity to get some new strings for the Bass. This is my Custom gauge incase you want to by me some strings in the future.





Also got my eye on this little baby, my current FX unit is about 15 years old now is and due for an upgrade..... maybe next payday.



The reason I say "next payday" is because I have just ordered my iPad 2. It won't be shipping for a few weeks but i'm already counting the days. I'm looking forward to just using the laptop for my music recording and other photo editing related stuff.... the more 'hard core' jobs. Then the iPad can be for surfing, presentations and other fun stuff.


Oh, and I got the white one.


....and the good news just keeps on coming this week because tonight I am going to see the mighty Cancer Bats!!! If you don't know them, then you should.


The two hottest tickets in town.


No comments:

Post a Comment