Monday, March 1, 2010

Food, Teeth and Painful Lives.

Hello peeps, how are you all doing out there in the 'land of the Internet'?

All is well here, just slogging my guts out at work. Got a busy week coming up with work, so I'm already looking forward to the weekend and its only Monday!

Had to go get my teeth/brace adjusted the other day, its going well and if all goes to plan the brace will be off in 5 months....but lets see.


Some standard issue waiting room 'modern art'.


One day i'll be as pretty and confident as her...*sigh


This is my normal view of the waiting room. I really want to play in the toy area over in the corner but I might get some funny looks.

We had a nice weekend, went out for some birthday Margaritas and Mexican food for a friends birthday on Saturday. There was no major 'tømmermœnd' (thats hangover in Danish) to speak of, but thats no reason not to make a rustic egg's benedict now is it?


Rustic toasted cheese bread, streaky bacon, poached egg
and home made Hollandaise sauce.

Fist time I ever made Hollandaise, turned out really good but I probably burnt more calories making it than I did eating eat....and I don't count that as a good thing.

On a slightly random note, why do woman like to read book or watch films about sorrow ridden, heart breaking, painful lives?

I always joke about this with Fee, because I just don't get it. But we did have a good giggle when we saw this section in a book store in London:


Do you like reading about child abuse? Wife beating? Cheating husbands or boyfriends? Want to cry until your mascara runs down your face? Then this is the section FOR YOU!

The best part was realising that one graphic designer made all the covers for the painful lives books. Here is his/her check list:
-One slightly faded Black & White Photo...check!
-Picture has a sad looking/crying child on it...check!
-Main title is in a hand written style...check!
- Cover has a quote from a low budget women's magazine...check!

So there you have it, now you can make the cover for such great books like "Why Daddy Why?!" or "No Mum, not in the face!".

No comments:

Post a Comment