Monday, January 3, 2011

Thanks for the cold Santa...

Sorry for the lack of blogging of late, I have been a broken man for the past week and unable to blog properly. Heres the short version:

Got to London and stayed with my Dad for two days, he has Cats which I am ellergic too so by the time Fee's parents came to pick us up on Xmas day my chest and breathing was rather weak. I figured that would improve once we got to their place but sadly my in-laws don't like to use the heating in their own home. So by the time we left on the 27th I had a bad chest cold.

On returning home there was no time to rest as my super wife had arragned for us to go to a super cool summer house to have a super cool birthday/new years party in. :D


Some of the gang (just one really) whipping up a storm in the kitchen.



The vultures are circling!



Super cheeeeeeeeeesy lasagna.


Lucky we had a super long table to fit everybody on.


After stuffing our faces with cheese and salad people split up to either chill out, play games or simply eat lots of cold & flu medicine (that was me). Fee was heading up the 'game table' and she ended up being on the winning team, which is a good thing because she is a bad loser!


The little one has the highest I.Q.



Fee was looking a little sternly at poor Matthew, maybe he was not 'getting it' quickly enough.... god help him!


The next morning Fee had to pop out early to do the Booze run too Germany..... turns out she was picking up some of my family who had flown in from the UK! :D


Pop Groves.... he likes the size of the Beer cans in Denmark.




It is just a little bit bigger than the normal cans.




That night we played 'Mafia' with the gang.... never played it before but it was rather fun.



So the next morning Fee said she had to 'go to the supermarket' but I had figured out she was actually going to pick up my big Brother from the airport.... how cool is my wife?




Pop and big brother Spencer discussing the size of beer cans in Denmark.




Little sister, Sisters boy friend and big Brother.... with a big can.




The Summer house had become a party house for new years eve.




My epic ET cake that the was made for me!
Its a long story, but I was a big ET fan as a kid and I once had an ET cake that did not look like ET. So they figured now would be the time to correct that.





Quick and painless, I didn't want him to suffer.




He was tasty and tender, but we could not bring ourselves to eat his face. :/




Once it hit 12 we cracked open a special bottle of fizz that
was given to us on our wedding day.





Darth-Sven
He was in charge of the fireworks that would ring in the new year.




The very, very, very pretty Mrs Groves.
Thank you soooooo much for a great birthday! :)

1 comment: