Sunday, April 26, 2009

Body modification.

So I figured it was time to update you all about my latest body modification.

Is it a piercing? a tattoo? No....it's my brace!

Some people don't agree that having a brace is a type of body mod, but I disagree. If sticking a ring in your nipple is classed as a body-mod then having teeth pulled and re-arranged in your jaw bone definitely is. 

Being an English man, I have (or had) the famous British smile. combine this with a dead tooth I go from falling flat on my face while playing football as a teen and you get a rather non-hollywood look.

Its bugged me for a while and last year I did something about it and started the process of getting my brace. I had to have two wisdoms out (i'll show you them some other time) and got the brace on early in the new year.

Here are some before and now shots:


As you can see they are rather crooked.


Those four top teeth at the front really were not in good shape!


Me with my mouth full of metal....I call it Geek Chic!


You can see how much they have moved already and how dark that tooth on the right is.

 I will probably have it in for at least another year before they can cap the dead tooth and give me that super white game show host smile i've been after.  :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment