Monday, April 13, 2009

Wow! He can read!

Yes it's true, I can read!

Sometimes I even read those books that don't have pictures in them! Amazing I know, but you just cant beat a good book. So I figured I would let you know what I have been reading and what I made of it.

I just finished 'The Forever War" by Joe Haldeman.

Looks like a Jehovah's witnesses book if you ask me.

Ok, to sum up the story without ruining it for you the basic outline is this.

Man (as in the Human Race) goes into space and finds worm-holes that can transport you all over the universe, we then start to explore space. Once our story teller gets into space they meet Aliens and a big war kicks off, to fight this war the smartest young people on earth are drafted to fight. Lets face it, if your bouncing around in worm holes and flying in space you have to be a little smarter that your normal 'grunt'.

However, when you go thought the worm-holes time is jumps around. The soldiers go off for a year (at least for them) but when they come home 25 years has gone by and home is a very different place. So every time they head off to fight, they lose loved ones and the world changes beyond their wildest dreams.... hence the forever war!

It was a good read, but it was a rather short book for a 'forever war'. It felt like it needed more than was there and I felt it would have read beter if it was done in the form or a solider's diary....because thats what it felt like I was reading.

I would recommend it but it was not the best book I have ever read.

Enjoy....or dont.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment