Thursday, May 6, 2010

More power to the engines!

Seeing as I was at home for a good chunk of the day (I have contracted my wife's germs) I decided to do something I had been meaning to do for a while...... upgrade the hard drive on my PS3.


In this age of email it's nice to get a box in the post.



There she be! In all her shiny goodness....i'll even forgive them for all the excess packaging.



I currently have 40gb that has been packed to the max with my wife's 'Singstar' downloads. So being a man I have bumped it up to 500gb!!!


First thing to do was download my data to an external harddrive and it seems that 40gb = 60min. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz


Now I was ready to roll, I took off the cover and removed the famous PS3 Blue screw.
Geek surgery at its best.


Once the case was out there were a few more small screws to deal with....one in particular gave me some trouble but I got there in the end with help of a pair of pliers.



The New & The Old



Once the new hard drive was in I set her up and got ready to upload all the data from the external drive.



This stayed on the screen for some time.....I got a little worried at one point.



Phew! After a long wait I got the upload screen....and had to wait another hour
before it was all done.

So far all seems fine, I'm interested to see how the extra space effects game play. Been getting a LOT of lag and freezing up of late, so I hope the internet nerds are right because they said this would help.

Well, I'm off to download a load of crap off the internet....bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment