Thursday, July 29, 2010

Little Elf graduates..Pt1

Been back from the UK a few days now but I came back with a killer cold and not really been in the mood to blog, sorry. However I'm here now and ready to update you all on what happened, there are loads of pics so i'll break it up a little.

Our Friday in London was spent at the UK passport office, Fee needed to get her new passport with there married name (Groves) in it. I wont go into details but it was a nightmare that shaved 5 years off my life and gave me high blood pressure....but she now has the passport which is a good thing.

We got the train up to Bath where the graduation was taking place, never been there before but it is a really pretty place and I would recommend if you have not been. Kind of wish we have visited Abi at some other point....oh well.


Bath is an old city and full of things like this, pretty right?


People even play Cricket here, how English is that!
I think he whipped his bails off with that one.

Once we got to our cute little hotel we dumped our bags and hit the town as Fee and me needed a big drink after the day we had. My Dad and Brother LOVE a beer so they were on a mission to drink as much as possible, me and the girls needed some food after a little while so we ran off for a curry..Yum!


One of the many, many pubs we went too that night.


Abi had to get my Dad a burger and chips on the way home from Mr D's burger van. Apparently this was the best burger he had ever had....he was rather drunk at the time.

The next morning my Dad, Spencer (my brother) and Toby (Abi's boyfriend) were a little hung over....Spencer didn't make it to breakfast and now has the nickname 'kebab pants' but i'll spear you the story that goes along with that one.


Pop, Toby, Spencer and Fee.
We went to the Uni Early with Abi to get her gown and photos done, so we hung around which gave some people the chance to re-hydrate a little.


The Bath Spa University has a very pretty campus with some nice old building like this.


So after a long time sitting in a hot test listening to boring people talk and clapping until our hands hurt it was finally Abis turn to go up. Well done Sis!


Awwww the little Elf is all grown up*



The classic.


Toby and Spencer were still nursing a hangover at the time.


Pop, Me, Abi, Toby, Spencer.


Stop nagging, i'm trying to take a picture!


I think we were teasing Toby about being shorter than Abi..Awwww.

It was a nice day and we managed to get out of there before it rained, the plan was to get some food then rest up for a night out.....so stay tuned for pt2!


*When Abi was little I convinced her she was a Elf from the bottom of the garden that we adopted because she grew to big for the rest of the Elf's to look after.......what?....dont look at me like that!





No comments:

Post a Comment