Saturday, February 26, 2011

Bass.Down.Low

Mrs Groves it up in Arhus visiting some friends and having a girly night out, so i'm making some noise, listening to music and maybe hitting the PS3.

Lately I have been missing playing in a group or just creating some music. Sadly there is nobody around who is into the the stuff i'm into and wants to 'jam', so i've been playing around with recording music.

Been using 'Garage Band' on my Mac and its rather good and simple to use. The only down side is the guitars..... they suck. I am getting a nice sound from my Bass and equipment but the guitars aren't really up to the job.


This is my little up and coming home studio.


As a 5 string Bass player I like to play in a lower tuning (B) and mine and Fee's old guitars just can't get to the same tuning without sounding like crap. My guitar was given to me by an old friend many years ago and it has seen better days (it cant even stay in tune for more than 10mins) and Fee's little Telecaster just can't tune down to a 'B' because the strings get too floppy.


No floppy string here, just smooth and heavy tones.


Plus it's all going though a Bass rig with makes the guitars sound really odd, been recommended a 'Pod XT' by a buddy that I can run the guitars through. This should help but if the guitars are not up to the job it wont help that much. :/

If only I had one of these.....



7 strings would help.... a lot.




No comments:

Post a Comment