Sunday, May 22, 2011

Itchy fingers, chicken pie, boxing and the rapture...

My oh my!, what a weekend this has been.

We had a long weekend here in DK as Friday was 'big prayer day', sadly Fee had to pop into work so I made use of the the quite time here to tidy up the flat and cook up a storm in the kitchen.



Dinner that night was home made chicken & sweet corn pie with garlic roasted wedges.
So nice, will have to do this again.



As well as a tasty dinner I was once again called upon to whip up a Cheesecake, this time I did the full size version of the Oreo cookie cake I did the other week. We had been invited over to Christine's for dinner and we were in charge of bringing desert.



Mmmmm more Cheesecake.... this one was mighty good and I ate far too much of it.


I was worried we may not get to eat it seeing as 'The Rapture' was meant to be hitting this Saturday. However I figured all the best Metal bands would be in Hell anyway so I would be OK if things did happen. \m/


As I waited for Fee & the rapture I had a little drink.
"Cheers!"



My fingers are rather itchy now, I have to be careful not to scratch at them.
The Tattoo on my arm is healing well and I promise to get a pic up soon.



So it seemed the end of the world had been put off for a while and we decided it was safe to go out and see Christine. We were not the only guests for dinner that night as Sven; Lizze and little Amelie were also on the guest list.



"Look Amelie, his going to Hell when the rapture comes."




"You is going to helllll"


We even had a little visiter from next door in the form of a cute little French Bull-dog puppy. The little thing got so excited it peed a little, cute but messy. It also turns out Amelie likes animals.... but only from a safe distance while in somebody's arms.


Both parties safely separated.... for now!


We had a great night with yummy food and lots of Cheese cake and great friends, but the main event was the boxing match beetween my cousin George Groves and his bitter rival James Degale.



'St George Groves'
I'm glad I was nice to him when he was a little boy.




Degale was cocky, rude and smug all though out the lead up to this fight. George kept his cool and came out the bigger man for it.


However, no amount of smugness saved Degale from losing to George (for the SECOND time I might add) on points. George used his head and out boxed Degale who was thrown off his game. It was a tough fight indeed and me & Fee almost passed out a few times, I also think we gave the people next door a heart attack when George won because we screamed SOOOO LOUD!!!



Bruised, bloody but over the moon.
Well done mate, we are all VERY proud of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment