Saturday, May 28, 2011

This week in food and fashion...


Been a busy but productive week back at work, summer holidays are just around the corner so deadlines are comming up quick.... but that nothing new. However that does not stop me from cooking up some delights in the kitchen and raiding the wardrobe!


There was not much in the fridge the other night apart from some Onions, Mushrooms and some left over pastry. Seemed bleak at first but in the end it all came together into a rather nice dish.....


Caramelized sweet red Onion tart with mushrooms in a cheese source.


Popped out in the week to get some shopping and stumbled upon a tin of HEINZ Baked Beans! Not often seem in these parts of DK, so I grab a can an plotted what sort of amazing dish we could cook up.



Baked Beans, otherwise know as "Chav-iar" back in the UK.



We decided to save the Beans for our (much needed) Saturday night in and whip up an English classic of the highest level!!




BAKED BEANS ON JACKET POTATO WITH CHEESE!!!



It was sooooo good, I admit its not the most classy meal but it is a real taste of home. It's strange the things that you miss from your home, but we have had our 'UK food fix' now and that should keep us going for a little while.


As well as it being a food week it has also been a bit of a fashion week, I have taken to planning out my outfits for the week on a Sunday night. Most days I just throw on whatever I have time to iron but I have decided to 'step it up' a little. No particular reason and I don't know how long this will last but its been fun so far. Here a little selection of what made it into work this week...



Rocked it old school with the braces and a plain white T-shirt on Wednesday. It a strong look and I think I will wear the braces more often.





As for 'Smart Friday' at work, I threw together the timeless combo of a White shirt and a black tie. Can't beat the classics.




No comments:

Post a Comment