Sunday, January 10, 2010

All done!!!!

"Where have you been?!" I hear you cry.

Well its been the first full week back at work and my body clock is all over the place, so I have been very tired while trying to get back into the swing of work and not really been up to the task of blogging. Well i'm here to make up for it!

This weekend Fee took me to Copenhagen as a birthday present and to celebrate our 11th year anniversery (which was on the 31st Dec) and as an added bonus it was also the weekend I was going to get my sleeve finished.

We got the train up on Friday afternoon, dropped our bags off and had a nice everning and dinner date. We had a little walk around Cph before dinner which sounded like a good idea at the time, but the -7 weather soon made us run for a pre-dinner hot chocolate.


Tivoli was not open (Boo!) so here's a blurry pic to make up for it.

Just to get out of the cold we jumped on the Copenhagen wheel....the pics
blurry because I was shivering!

The view from the wheel...I think Tivoli needs more lights.

Mrs Groves looking shifty (but warm) on the wheel.

So on Saturday morning we had a nice Breakfast (which helped with the hang over) at the hotel and then went our separate ways. I went off the studio for my ink session and Fee went off to hit the sales...hard! She did very well and got some great deals for both me and her, thanks babe :) As for me, I was in for a full day of 'Cherry Blossom madness' at the hands of Judd Ripley. On arrival we got straight to it and didn't stop till the work was done.

This is the view I normally have of the whole process.

Poor Judd started to go a little crazy
after 5+ hours of Cherry Blossoms.

So after 5 ink sessions, many trains and a few snow blizzards my tattoo is finely done and it's looking AMAZING!...even if I do say so myself. I have had the idea for this sleeve in my head for a long time now and Judd has done a great job in bringing it to life.


Classic Japanese style Kabuki sleeve....love it!


Judd getting some snaps on his new D90 once we were done.


Now the blossoms are done it really feels like a 'whole' piece.

So I just want to say a big thanks to the super cool 'Sailors Grave' crew, its a great studio with great people who made me feel very welcome as well as giving me a great tattoo. If your in the market for an amazing tattoo go look them up.


Dadan, Judd, Oscar, Marija

There is plenty of 'canvas' left, so i'm sure i'll be seeing them in the future. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment