Monday, January 25, 2010

Supa-dupa updatings!

Didn't really get the chance to blog over the weekend, so here is a super big update of what we have been up to.

Saturday started late because me and the wife drank a little toooooo much Friday night. It was a great night, just me and Fee having a nice meal with no TV and no interruptions. However, we did manage to polish off a few bottles so we were a little 'groggy' the next day. We were supposed to go to a friends house warming but we were really not in the frame of mind for more drinking and partying. So we decided to hang out with our buddy Carl who invited us over for take-out and a movie.


We watched 28 Weeks Later, if you saw the first one
then you don't need to see this one!


In cooking news I made a Chocolate and Pear tart for the first time and it came out great. We had a bag load of Pears that were going to waste unless we did something with them soon, so I found a recipe online and gave it a go.

This is the preparation condensed into a grid of pictures.
*InDesign grid by Fiorella Lee Groves*


Mmmm, fresh out of the oven but it has to cool fully before eating....D'oh!


Just add a little Creme fresh a dash of Cinnamon and your good to go.

We have been enjoying that little treat over the past two nights, got another desert planned but I'll keep that under my hat for now so stay tuned.

So on Sunday we woke up at a decent time, had breakfast and cleaned around the apartment a little. Normally I am the first to get the Mop out but I was not really in the mod for it that day, but we did what needed to be done so we could then head off the the main event of the weekend.....Little Chloe's 2nd Birthday. :)


Here's the girl of the moment, very excited about the cake.....or as it tuned out, blowing out the candles, which was soooo much fun she did twice.


She got a lot of gifts, mainly 'Hello Kitty' based.....




...but Like all kids, the wrapping turned out to be much more fun!


Awwwwww! Happy Birthday Chloe! :)

We had a great and noisy time with the kids eating cake and playing. But it wouldn't be an A-list party without some A-list guests now would it?


Little Luca rocking the bed head look.


Super cute Helena.....can those cheeks be anymore Rosy?!

Henrik the whirlwind....every pic of this kid is a blur, very rear
to catch him in focus.

Once home we had dinner followed by more Pear tart and started to watch Dexter Season 3 on DVD which was a birthday gift from by friend Matthew. Fee was rather happy about it also, but she is not liking the 'one episode a night' rule that's for sure.


So its Dexter at dinner for the next couple of weeks...Yay!

Well now its Monday and I am really a little off colour, I think I can feel a cold coming which is not great timing wise. So its soup, Dexter and an early night for me.

See you tomorrow!





2 comments:

  1. Hey! I wanted you to know that we did a store check in the US today, and I saw your Toy Story skus in person and I loved them! I even bought the green army men and put them together on the ride back to Toronto.. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Steph! Great to hear you liked them. :)

    ReplyDelete