Thursday, June 10, 2010

Bit of a waste....

Today did not go completely according to plan.....

Today was meant to be the day that Mads (the floor guy) was meant to come over and start laying the new Slate kitchen floor..... that did not happen.

Long story short, he got stuck on another job where the basement he had tiled the day before had flooded.... which is not good. But that still involved me sitting at home when I should have been at work waiting for him to call. He finally did call later in the day and I gave him the 'grumpy' treatment. I basically told him 'you come now or not at all' and to his credit he did. He came over at 6pm (very rare for a Danish workman) to deliver the materials and get the floor ready for tiling on Friday morning....

Fingers crossed this will be covered in nice dark slate tomorrow.

I know, I know, its a great wooden floor and yes it's a shame to cover it but its a real PAIN to keep clean in the kitchen area. Every drip, splash or blob of food that hits the floor leaves a stain that is hard to clean off..... so don't hate me.

No comments:

Post a Comment