Sunday, October 25, 2009

It taste's soooooo good! sniff.

Man its been a goooood weekend....if a little emotional.

Friday night was a bt of a wash out for me as I was hit hard by the flu bug. We were going to Cyn's for some Friday drinks, I had ironed a shirt, freshened up and was all ready to go when I was hit hard by the germs.Oh well.

Saturday was much better, we had a nice breakfast and later on went to see 'UP' which was great. If you have not seen it you must go at once, any film that can make a manly man like me cry must be good right?....right?

Later that night me and Fee cooked up a storm in the kicthen, I showed her how to cook 'Creme Brulee' with a Coconut twist. While I whipped up a 'bread and Butter' pudding on the other side of the kitchen.


Stage One: Buttered bread and raisons.


Stage Two: Custard added and top sprinkled with sugar.


Stage Three: Coked and smelling great!

Obviously we don't just eat deserts, we had a nice stake with mashed potato's with a reduced red wine source for dinner. Nothing to fancy but we got the idea from our Jamie Oliver cook book. It was a nice night with good food, some good wine and a great film. We watched 'Return to Oz' on DVD, I had forgot just how good the film was.....and dark which is odd for a Disney film. Fee still cant look a 'Wheeler' in the eye.


Me in my natural habitat, just look at the spoon action!

Today (Sunday) was a bit of a lazy day, did some washing and cleaned up the house a little before we went over some wedding photos. Awwww good memories. :)

Food wise we dipped into the Jamie book again and cooked up some super yum Lamb.


Sealing in the flavor before roasting to perfection.


Always let your meat relax before carving!


Mmmmmm...Roast Lamb with potato dauphinoise, roasted sweet
red onion and wilted garlic spinach.

Just letting all that goodness go down before we try one of Fee's deserts. Man, Monday comes round way too quickly. :(



2 comments:

  1. man that looks good! wish I could have a taste :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! :) Sadly the internet is not at the point where we can lick the screen to taste what's on it......but that would soooo rock!

    ReplyDelete