Monday, November 2, 2009

Pastel de nata.....

Over the past few weeks I have learnt to cook:

- Lime and chocolate cheese cake.

- Strawberry / Chocolate ice cream.

- Creme Brulee

-Bread and butter pudding

All of which turned out very well indeed and we have now done them on a few occasions. My tongue and friends are very happy with all these delights..........my waist line is not so happy. :)

So now I think I am ready to attempted 'Pastel de nata!'

This is a famous Portuguese desert that me and Fee love, so if I can cook this life will be good. Our Portuguese friend (Ines) moved out of Vejle to Malmo, so now I HAVE to learn instead of having them made for me. It's basically a custard tart that tastes like it was made by the gods themselves, so i'm going to try and make a batch over the weekend....watch this space!!

Mmmmmmmmm! Crack in tart form.


No comments:

Post a Comment